Ian,

Let me ask, what are your intentions? What is the purpose of the pinned
instance?

Then I could explain why I over engineered what Doug put so simply :)

Peace, Mike

Sure thing Mike, Doug's solution is something I would give a try.

I have a series of containers, currently VBoxes, laid out in a grid
consisting of seven columns by four to six rows; a calendar.  Each of
these containers contains 0 to N (a dozen or so max) events with their
details displayed in child containers of the previous day containers.
The height of each row of day containers is determined by the day with
the most events in that row.  At the bottom of each day container,
another child container containing notes for the given day is to be
displayed.  The users want it at the bottom of the container whether
there is 0 events or 14 events.

Thanks Ian

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.

--- Begin Message ---

On 5/7/07, Michael Schmalle <teoti.graphix@ <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
gmail.com> wrote:

> One way you could do this is with a Spacer before the last child box to
push it to the bottom. Nice 'n' easy in static mxml.

That is an easy way also if you do not have flexible children. When I was
answering his question I was seeing in my head a layout independent of the view
children.

Peace, Mike

On 5/7/07, Doug Lowder < <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One way you could do this is with a Spacer before the last child box to
push it to the bottom. Nice 'n' easy in static mxml.

<mx:Spacer height="100%" />

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com, Ian

--
Teoti Graphix
 <http://www.teotigraphix.com> http://www.teotigraphix.com

Blog - Flex2Components
http://www.flex2com <http://www.flex2components.com> ponents.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.

--
Teoti Graphix
http://www.teotigra <http://www.teotigraphix.com> phix.com

Blog - Flex2Components
 <http://www.flex2components.com> http://www.flex2components.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.

--- End Message ---