Yea, I get it. It sounds really cool though -- I'd love to be able to see dynamically created MXML and not have it to be server side (Apache IIS mod). This would make flex's value a lot higher. I suppose that there is some class in the flex framework which does this however,
converts MXML to objects and then it's ready.

Has anyone ever used this or is it internal?

Best, Austin

Daniel Freiman wrote:

I think they're just stating that the mx.modules package exists. The sentence "We also know Flex2 knows how to read MXML at runtime because the compiler knows how to convert MXML into GUI Objects" doesn't inspire confidence that they know what they're talking about. Since it's possible that they don't know what a compiler does, it's also possible they're just writing and compiling Modules and don't understand that they're doing it. Then again, that wouldn't explain what they're fighting with another company about earlier in the article.

They claim what they're talking about is in the docs so I'd either search them or not worry about it. My guess is you'd be searching a long time for something that isn't there. It would be nice if someone could prove my guess wrong though.

Dan Freiman
nondocs <http://nondocs.blogspot.com>