Brendan, DARN good question!!!

1) I wanted to build an entire site in Flex. Why? Same reason the guy
climbed Everest - because it was there.
2) I had originally started the project in PHP and AJAX using a
freebie template I'd found. Between getting bogged down in a mire of
DIV tags and all kinds of issues setting up the checkout to go to
authorize.net I finally had to give up on it for a while. (As you
might guess manure doesn't pay the bills). Once I started with flex I
was off to the races.
3) UI options galore! Without all of the AJAX/DIV/HTML nightmare
associated with it. (Did I mention all of the IE vs. Firefox issues to
test and deal with?
4) C'mon man! Flex is freaking cool!

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan Meutzner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>