Here is a lot written by Jesse Warden on Silverlight from his Flash/Flex
perspective:  http://jessewarden.com/category/silverlight

Also, here is a list I compiled last summer after speaking with a
Silverlight engineer.  Some things in Silverlight may have changed since
then, hope this helps some.

Pros
Integrates very very well with .NET/Visual Studio
Programming in C#, VisualBasic, Javascript, Python, or Ruby - CLR
(Common Language Runtime)
Easier for .NET developers to start developing for than Flash
Microsoft deep-pocket backing and product integration
All code remains external, no republishing after coded update like you
do with Flash
Runs on Mac OSX, Windows XP and Vista

Cons
Requires programming in C#, Javascript (inconsistent across browsers),
VisualBasic, Python, or Ruby
Not geared towards multimedia artists, learning community
Not supported or pushed by the bank, virtually no market penetration
outside the bank
Not a mature product, not market-tested
Does not integrated with Adobe's creative design tools
Is not currently supported on Cell phones and several PDAs
Does not support Flash media (.swf or .flv) i.e. Captivate or Articulate
Visual experiences demo'ed so far are not nearly as impressive as Flash
Silverlight is geared more towards RIA development, so it's more of a
Flex competitor than standard Flash
Does not run on older Mac OS, Linux and older versions of Windows
Does not support alpha channel video
CD and local drive Silverlight runtime not available as publishing
option
Expression Designer, Expression Blend used to design Siliverlight
applications are immature tools and lack many features compared to CS3
products
Not as easy to develop for those who are not familiar with .NET, or
Javascript
Flash video is primary format of major video sites like YouTube and
Google Video, not Microsoft WMV
Unfamiliar design environment for Flash developers to migrate to
Does not immediately stream - requires XAML to parse first.
Some Flash developers say Siliverlight has 80% fewer features than
Flash.  While this number may be inaccurate, a Silverlight rep did
confirm Silverlight has fewer features than Flash runtime.
No free opensource development options
No 3D possible (Flash has Papervision or Sandy 3d and other Opensource
3D Libraries available)
No deep-linking possible yet
h.264 Video support
Javascript only development right now - (all Visual Studio languages
coming soon)

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O L&LD Solutions Design & Development
eTools & Multimedia

Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community