FlashLite already outperforms Silverlight in my opinion, and with Papervision
3D creating such great 3D api's, I see no reason at all for anyone to move out
from a perfectly safe place with Adobe, to crawl over to Microsoft, who has
shown their behavior patterns so consistently in bad-faith and Predatory
behavior.

The thing developers need to be concerned about is Microsoft's history.  No
matter where they announce they'll meet us developers half way, you can be sure
of where it's headed ultimately.  SilverLight was initially only announced as a
viewer for MacOSX.  If this has changed, it's not because Microsoft likes you
and wants to embrace you (any such thought should cause an instinctive reaction
of danger; don't let yourself for one second think Microsoft has been humbled
and will act in good faith; they will eat up everything like a devouring
glutton if given the chance).  I've been developing for Windows since 1988, and
after much mercy am totally at odds with any kind of support for Microsoft on
the client-side, only support of customers on the server side as needed.

The time for billg to kiss and make up to Jobs' isn't after Gates has gone to
great lengths with his upper echelon of Ballmer etc. and after Jobs' has
maintained his integrity and turned out to be of far greater wisdom in the
long.  It's such a great ending to this long unfolding story to see Jobs'
innovation and patience win out over such a blatantly sick personality as
Gates' has operated as CEO in the past.  Time comes us all.....Gates will live
out the remainder of his years having to learn that this is not a Survival of
this fittest world; there is such a think as "spirit" and "soul" and he has
neither.

Microsoft has had enough mercy that it has betrayed to last several generations.

Weyert de Boer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               It's
works fine for me under MacOSX. Indeed you can't run Blend under
 that platform. In my opinion Silverlight is only interesting as a user
 interface engine for those Windows Mobile devices.... only that will
 take a long while ;)