From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tracy Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:54 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Question on calling multiple Functions in
sequence

Unless you are doing something that is explicitly asynchronous, the
single threaded nature of AS processing is reliable.  The main function
does not "know" in any sense, but the execution path is linear.
Processing simply does not return to the main function until the called
function(s) is/are complete.

This does not necessarily mean that the UI is done rendering.  That
stuff is controlled bu the invalidation system.  But code processing is
linear.

If your wife sends you shopping, she has no idea whether you went to the
bar while you were gone, but, assuming you have no bugs (or delegate the
shopping to someone else), when you return, the shopping is done.

Tracy