I found Matt's example and was able to get it working somewhat.  But
with such a large database, after about the 2nd or third trip to the
database, the control gets messed up.

Then each time you touch the slider in the down direction it goes
back to the database.  I think I'll continue to work with this some,
but don't know that its exactly what I want and/or need.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Cadena"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Page your dataset.
>
> Matt Chotin had a good blog post with code that you can get started
with.
> Kind of old but you can modify it a bit to suit your needs:

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mchotin/archives/2004/03/large_data_sets
.html

> /r
> http://www.searchcoders.com/
>

> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 9:44 AM, David C. Moody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > What is the best way to handle a large dataset??  I'm using
AMFPHP.  I