Yeah I was trying to think of "how" to use the LIMIT statement from
Flex, and what the best way to do it would be.  I may put Next &
Previous buttons below the datagrid and that will be what sends the
limit variables.  I was looking for a way to hopefully do it
dynamically, but not having much luck with that.

Thanks for your help!
-David

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Gruskoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Think of it like an Ice Cream Truck. You can't consume 35,000 Ice
> Creams all at once, so grab an armful at a time and work on those.
>
> Since your users' screen will only accommodate 20-100 items at a
time,
> work with 20-100 data items at a time. Find out how your database
> makes a subset available, MySQL uses "LIMIT" statement. Then you
have
> fine points of database access, do you need your selection copied
to a
> TEMP file to the list?
>
> Yesterday I was working with an MySQL file of 43,000 items that
> SELECTed my 4,000 needed items immediately, but then took 12-15
> seconds for the Flash player to load them into a Flex Datagrid. A
set
> of 100 of those items loaded in less than a second into a Flex
Datagrid.

> - Alan Gruskoff
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "David C. Moody" <davidm@> wrote:
> >
> > What is the best way to handle a large dataset??  I'm using
AMFPHP.  I