I thought of a number of replies to this thread, but I'm sure this is going
nowhere? Suffice to say:

"..You don't change the course of history by turning the faces of portraits
to the wall.."

I'd rather spend more of my time influencing our future, then trying to
defend our past? As I had no input or control over the previous folks before
me.

I don't think the community is in such a fragile state to suddenly firewall
itself away from the Microsoft brand. Reading the below it almost sounds as
if my "infomercial" will in turn suddenly cause a mass exodus from Flex?
People's technology adoption behaviour is a lot more complex than a product
fact placement in a random list?. Protect your community yes, but don't
blind them as their ability to see will be that much more diminished.

Scott.
Product Manager
Microsoft.

--