From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of bc24fl
Sent: 03 June 2008 14:56
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Enable / Disable Flex Menu Items
Programmatically using AS 3.0

I'm really struggling for help. We have done everything to try and
get a solution to this problem including:

1. Posting on public forums / mailing lists
2. Purchased books on AS3 and Flex
3. Signed up for a year subscription to Lynda.com
4. Purchased support from experts-exchange.com
5. Purchased support directly from Adobe where supposedly it's 3 day
response (no resolution) and we have received no response for a week
(business days).

What in the world am I doing wrong? This question doesn't appear to
be rocket science as I've done this (enable/disable menu items) in
many other programming languages.

As you can see I have exhausted every (that I know of) resource. What
else am I to do? My employer is upset and now considering dropping
the language altogether and I don't want that.

Any advice would BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

End rant.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
ups.com, "bc24fl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have the following XML data defined in my app:
>
> =========
> <!-- Define the menu data. -->
> <mx:XML format="e4x" id="myMenuData">
> <root>
> <menuitem id="menuDrill" label="Drill =>" >
> <menuitem id="menuDown" label="Down" toggled="false"
> enabled="true"/>
> <menuitem id="menuUp" label="Up" toggled="false"
> enabled="true"/>
> </menuitem>
> <menuitem type="separator"/>
> <menuitem label="Lock / Unlock" type="check"
toggled="false"/>