________________________________

De: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Em nome de Doug McCune
Enviada em: terça-feira, 3 de junho de 2008 16:53
Para: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Assunto: Re: [flexcoders] Re: SWC Encrypt 2.0 - Does it work?

That last comment isn't true. The Sothink decompiler works just fine on Flex
swfs.

Here's my experience with SWF Encrypt and SWC Encrypt:

*       We ran SWCEncrypt on a Flex SWC and then tried decompiling a Flex app
created with the encrypted SWC versus the unencrypted SWC. I could not tell any
difference whatsoever. Both decompiled just fine, it appeared as if SWCEncrypt
did absolutely nothing to the SWC file. I don't know if we were doing soemthing
wrong (although really how can you? you just run it on a SWC), or if the
encryptor doesn't support Flex SWCs specifically.
*       SWFEncrypt, on the other hand, works. But it does not work for Flex
swfs. If you try to encrypt a full Flex SWF the encryptor goes overboard and
jacks up the Flex framework code and makes your SWF unrunnable.
*       What did seem to work was creating a SWF module that did not include
the Flex framework code, encrypting that, and loading that module into a
wrapper Flex app.
*       Neither SWCEncrypt nor SWFEncrypt seems to actually "encrypt" anything,
All of it can still be decompiled with the Sothink decompiler (maybe the
decompiler just knows how to decrypt whatever encryption is used). SWFEncrypt
does seem to obfuscate the code though. A decompiled SWF that has been run
through SWFEncrypt is harder to read than a non-obfuscated one.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Cato Paus <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL