What could be in the SWFs that would do that?

Also, my PopUp is not modal so it does not do the blur thing. For that
reason, I suppose it would be more efficient to just use a static
Canvas because it does not have to be dragged around the screen
(originally it was, so I used a PopUp).

Thanks for the help!