There are no flex user groups in my area and I've been trying for a long time
to find a
solution to this problem with no success.

I need to generate a series of charts every few minutes/hours/days on an
automated basis.  I
pull the data for the charts from the database and draw the chart, then save it
as an image
and potentially notify someone where they can find the image as a png or a pdf.

I am using java on the backend to communicate with the database and flex to
draw the
charts.  The same app which draws the chart can also be called by a user to get
a live
snapshot.  But the automation just isn't working.  It works fine on my local
development
machine, but this application is deployed on a headless server and the flex
process never
gets to launch since it needs to run on a browser.  I've looked at solutions
for getting it to
run headless but so far I can't get it to work.

Does anyone know how to automate flex in this way?  I know flex is meant to be
interactive,
but is there anyway I can still use the flex charting for automated output?