--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know this is a pretty broad question...
>
> I'm new to Flex, and having fun with it, but I'd like to get an idea
> how long these things take to make.
>
> Instead of me trying to pitch a hypothetical situation, maybe anyone
> interested in answering could <very breifly> describe an app they
made
> and how long it took and maybe even some juicy gossip about crazy
> clients.

Here's how I estimate time in Flex.

I take how long I think it will take and multiply that by 3.  Usually,
I will then only be 50% of how long it actually took.

The issue with Flex is that you have to pull together a ton of concepts
that, even if you understand them in other venues, don't quite work
that way in Flex.  So you need to figure in a _lot_ of research time to
understand what is going on.  Then, even if you _do_ your homework,
you'll find that quite a few features don't work the way that a
reasonable person's interpretation of the docs suggest they would.

Finally, if you're like me, and you're in the 20% of cases the Flex
developers didn't plan for 90% of the time, be prepared to rewrite or
at least extend virtually everything before you can use it :-).

HTH;

Amy