On 30/07/2008, at 12:52 AM, Jason B wrote:
> It really depends on the flex coder since each coder could take longer
> depending on thier understanding of the project and database functions
> etc...and whether or not they are building the middleware code too?
> We have an app with about 30 tabs and over 600 objects total on the
> flex code, and about 1400 lines in mxml and 3500 lines in action
> script.
> It took me about 1 month and im the only developer and im also
> developing the middleware and database writes with php too.
> The more you do the more you learn and faster too.
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm new to Flex, and having fun with it, but I'd like to get an idea
> > how long these things take to make.

It is also highly dependant on the scope of the project.  For instance
we are building an online kids portal with 4 mini games, avatar
builder, news system, user/accnt management, educational animations,
custom AS components, skins etc and we have 4 designers and 1
programmer (me) going at it pretty solidly for 2.5 months.  This is
also our first Flex project so learning curves are all over the place
along with banging into things that Flex doesn't seem too crash hot
with - but also discovering things that really make Flex shine over
Flash.

Regards,
Nik