|
Ok guys. I think a bit of real information is called for here.
Squeak can be downloaded for windows, nix and OS X and a lot of other platforms. I have only used it on windows and linux because I only have those platforms. For those that have downloaded you may have found the squeak map which lets you install a huge range of packages. I have not published my radio yet so it won't be in that list.
So that expectation are set correctly, what I have so far is SDR1000 control through Windows (not a complete implementation yet), although it will be fairly trivial to make that work on Linux as well. The DSP has to be Linux using jsdr because the interface is trivial to use (unix pipes). I will be looking at the windows implementation soon and see if that can be packaged up in a similar way so I can use it easily from Squeak. So - currently I run this as a distributed system with what would conventionally be called the console on windows and the dsp on linux. This interface is not fool-proof yet but works.
There are some pre-requisites for running the radio, the first is the windows parallel port driver. This is IOST and for some reason is not in the map, get it here http://www.smalltalking.net/Goodies/Squeak/ . The second is called Connectors which is in the Squeak map. It takes a while to load in and gives you three grey tabs at the bottom of the screen (FSM, Class Diagram and Connectors). Lastly you will need OperaORB-native which is also in the map to provide distributed computing.
There are seven class categories that make up the radio which I can file-out. I can also provide my workspace which gives you all the commands you need to start things up. If anyone gets this far and wants to give it a try please send me a personal email and I will give you the stuff. Be aware that you may have to play to make it work on your radio hardware as I only have the basic 3 board stack so you may have to change the initialisation to make sure other bits of hardware are turned off etc. I am also not using the Opera name service yet so the IP address needs to be set in the code.
This radio is very minimal at the moment. It's designed to have fun with, not to be a serious operational tool (yet).
73 Bob (G3UKB)
*** Confidentiality Notice ***
Proprietary/Confidential |
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Philip Covington
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Sami Aintila
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Philip Covington
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Robert McGwier
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Alberto I2PHD
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainmen... Robert McGwier
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Frank Brickle
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment ecellison
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment KD5NWA
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Bob . Cowdery
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Frank Brickle
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Cowdery, Bob [UK]
- Re: [Flexradio] A bit of light entertainment Bob . Cowdery

