-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Hilton-Jones
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 4:43 AM
To: flexradio
Subject: [Flexradio] USB Adapter

I am running a SDR-1K. My computer has no parallel port and I use the
USB adapter.

Does anybody else have problems with the adapter frequently
"dropping-out" in the electronic sense. Sometimes this happens when I'm
performing other activities on the computer, or it can happen when the
machine is idle. I then have to close SDR and start again, which is a
pain.

I suspect that part of the problem is that I am using other USB-serial
adapters (for the PTT in JT65, and for a GPS receiver used to lock the
computer clock) and of course USB is used to connect the printer, mouse,
keyboard.

I have also failed to get VCOM and VAC working - when installed as
directed in the Knowledge the computer crashes with an error message to
do with IRQ - so again I suspect it is all due to COM port conflicts.

If there's a computer expert near to Milton Keynes - I'd be happy to
hear from you!!!

73

David, G4YTL