-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles Greene
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 7:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; FlexRadio Reflector
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] USB Adapter

Clyde,

Good advice for a person using a desk top.  I am using a lap top, and as
you probably know, you can't install a parallel card in a laptop.
However, once operating properly, it usually is without problems.  I had
to restore my system and had to reinstall the drivers.  Looks like I
have the wrong driver installed.  If someone can look in their device
manager and get the name of the driver, I can start looking for it.  It
probably is on the Flex web site, but I haven't located it yet.

73, Chas

At 11:21 AM 7/21/2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>For $22 I heartily recommend the purchase of a parallel port card.  I
>messed  with that USB to Parallel port connection for weeks and while
>it would work from time to time I have NEVER had a problem since
>installing the parallel port card that Flex-Radio recommended.
>
>Clyde
>
> > Dudly,
> >
> > I tried another port and reinstalled the driver and no help.  The
> > Device manager under USB controllers, has a Cypress-USB FX(2235),
> > which is what comes up when you plug and unplug the USB connector,
> > and it shows ok.  PowerSDR still says USB Device not found (-4).  I
> > downloaded the file from the web site, USBIO.exe and installed it,
> > but it goes into the Flexradio program files.  I don't know what it
> > does.  I had thought it was needed and that is what my problem was,
> > but evidently not.  I tried v 1.8 and 1.9.1 beta with the same
results.

> > Suggestions?
> >

> > At 01:33 PM 7/20/2007, you wrote:
> >>Charles,
> >>
> >>Try a different port..  Also if you have other devices plugged in,
> >>maybe a USB powered device,  (HUB, Speaker, additional USB to
> >>anything controllers) ,   the USBs can only power 500 ma per common
> >>port,  and HUBs are notorious for sucking down all the power on a
> >>USB  port.
> >>
> >>Also you might want to check the status of the ports in Device
Manager.