Hi Brian
Yes on paging turned off and I did the Hotfix .
I will recheck it again.
If you can send the list over I would appreciate it when you can.
73
Dan
On Aug 5, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Brian Lloyd wrote:
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Dan Eisenman<[email protected]>
wrote:
I have been using an iMac dual core with the Flex 5000A for a few
months
now.I works great but I get freeze every so often in XP home SP3 .
It is not caused by RF as it happens in receive mode most of the
time.
I have a number of service already turned off to include wireless,
IR, auto
software updates, apple updates,search , indexing the external 1394
network
and host of others.I would like to hear from another iMac user that
are
freeze free and get a list of turned off services.
The spike I get is hugh around 45,000 and last 5-6 seconds.This usual
happens in the first few minutes of turning on the 5000A, after
that it
might go for hours without and issue
Have you disabled paging? If you haven't and you have 1GB of RAM or
more, do so. Also, have you installed the IEEE 1394 hotfix from
Microsoft? If not, you need to.
My list of disabled services is at home so I can't give it to you
right now. Regardless, my DPC values on my Mac Mini run consistently
at around 250us with no spikes. I even run the Flex driver in normal
mode. I can leave my radio on for days with no freezes. That should be
achievable on any contemporary Mac platform.
--
73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
Message delivered to [email protected]