"Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Have you tried recompiling simgear and flightgear completely from
> scratch?

i recompiled everything from scratch, same problem. i've trying to
debug this with gdb for the past 2 hrs with no success. it looks to me
like the problem is with the property manager. somehow values get
overwritten. when we try to set the default values in fgSetDefaults()
we call fgSetDouble("/position/longitude-deg", -110.6642444); which in
turn calls globals->get_props()->setDoubleValue(name, val);

problem 1: globals->get_props() returns 0 but this should be
initialized.

problem 2: if i look at the string value in setDoubleValue() i get

Breakpoint 3, SGPropertyNode::setDoubleValue (this=0x0,
    relative_path=@0xbffff3e4, value=-110.6642444) at props.cxx:1509
1509      return getNode(relative_path, true)->setDoubleValue(value);
(gdb) p relative_path
$5 = (string &) @0xbffff3e4: {static npos = 4294967295, static nilRep = {
    len = 0, res = 0, ref = 43, selfish = false},
  dat = 0x8756988 "/position/longitude-degar/"}
                                        ^^^^

where is the "ar" coming from??

i'll keep trying.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |