On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 15:58, Jim Wilson wrote:
> Tony Peden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 14:59, David Megginson wrote:
> > > Interesting.  I have no objection to removing the binding completely,
> > > but it is showing up a more serious problem with JSBSim's ground
> > > trimming (it tries to trim to the ground on reset even when the plane
> > > is already in flight).
> >
> > The way its set up right now, it should trim in-air if the speed is
> > above 10 knots.
> > >From FGJSBSim::do_trim():
> > if(fgic->GetVcalibratedKtsIC() < 10 ) {
> >             fgic->SetVcalibratedKtsIC(0.0);
> >             fgtrim=new FGTrim(fdmex,fgic,tGround);
> >         } else {
> >             fgtrim=new FGTrim(fdmex,fgic,tLongitudinal);
> >         }
> >
> > If there's a more reliable way to figure out that we want to
> > be on the ground (aside from a similar hack with altitude)
> > I'll be happy to change it.
> >

> It's doing it at full or near full throttle cruise.  Is there an exception
> handler that's doing a reset (although it's a bad reset...not going back to
> the runway)?

OK, I know what the problem is here, and it's going to take some time to
fix.  The easiest workaround is probably to have the reset (and/or
control u handler) reset the speed.

> Best,
>
> Jim

Tony Peden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
We all know Linux is great ... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
-- attributed to Linus Torvalds