* [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Curtis L. Olson) [2002.02.14 09:58]:
> The manual is really quite extensive and impressive and represents a
> very large amount of work.  It is definitely worth reading through.  I
> learned several new things myself. :-)

First, Michael and Martin have done a fabulous job.  Kudos to both of
you for a job well done.

> Please take a moment to read through it if you can and send Michael or
> Martin and suggestions or fixes.  Only little stuff can be fixed for
> 0.7.9 but larger suggestions can be considered for subsequent
> releases.

I've looked through some of the manual today (don't tell my boss ;-).
Here's some notes (I converted the PDF to Postscript, so the page
numbers may be off):

- p29: I believe binaries are also shipped with SuSE Linux, though I
  don't think you need to discuss how to install them.

- p62: first line reads "Alls this project goes back ...".  Need to
  rephrase that to make sense.  :-)  How about "The FlightGear project
  goes back ...".

- p65: the operational radio stack section seems out of place.  IMO it
  should come later to keep the items in chronological order.

- p71: my entry needs two changes:  I would prefer to use
  <cameron at unbeatenpath.net> in that situation, and the word
  "administration" needs to be "administrator".

- p75: Section A.3 starts out with "At first:".  I think that can be
  removed.  In the same sentence, I'd change "until this point" to "up
  to this point".  I'd start the second paragraph with "Despite the
  current set of features," or "Despite all of the progress so far,".

Hmm, I'm finding stuff left and right.  I'm going to have to be a good
husband tonight, but I will try to make a point to read through some
more of this and send any revisions to Michael.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore
[ If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments. ]