David Megginson writes:

> No, that's not right after all.  Following a message from Jon Berndt,
> I took a peek at the property browser, and the wind-{north|east}-fps
> is the to- direction, not the from- direction.  JSBSim was using the
> from- direction already, while the other FDM's were usign the to-
> direction.  In any case, the command-line option now works properly,
> and all the FDMs behave the same way; it's just that the properties
> need to be interpreted differently.
>
> So, what do we do?

Meteo convention is from - hence the command line should use
that.

All fdm writers can use whatever vector convention they wish
internally as long as they document it.

Since the wind-{north|east}-fps property may be accessed by any
fdm it should follow a clearly documented convention - I would
suggest the meteo convention.

Each fdm can then process the property however it likes when
converting into a vector.

For clarity, how about we rename the property from wind-
{north|east}-fps to wind-from-{north|east}-fps or wind-to{north|east}-
fps, depending on which is chosen.

How's that for a solution?

Cheers - Dave