"Jon S. Berndt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Was there a properties way to do it that is opposite to the above? Perhaps
> we are given too much power! ;-)

In the /environment path there are variables for wind direction that specify a
force value as fps from east and/or north, the "sum" of which articulate
direction and speed I presume.  I'm not sure how the translation from the
command line degrees vector is done, not to mention if it is done the "same
way".  The DIR vector is displayed in the environment path, if it is given,
but I don't think changing it makes a difference after startup.  I should
double check but IIRC the  up/down as represented by viewing the properties is
counter-intuitive.

Best,

Jim