John Check wrote:
 > Andy Ross wrote:
 > > One "rocker" axis on the throttle to simulate rudder (not very
 > > well -- I still use my analog TM pedals for that).
 >
 > Rudder control is really what I'm interested in. I tried binding the
 > throttle wheel of my gravis Blackhawk, but the pot is super cheesy.

Yeah, I haven't yet found a good set of rudder pedals.  The
Thrustmaster ones I use are adequate, but have a *lot* of slop in the
center section.  Fine control is difficult to impossible.  And the
lever arms are just rubbing plastic on plastic, so they're very
"sticky".

There's a CH Products pedal set that a lot of people like.  I got to
try them once, but didn't like them much either.  Too close together,
and the pedals are independantly sprung (not linked into a single
physical axis), which feels wrong.

I've thought for a long time about building my own set, but will
probably never find the time. :(

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA