Jim Wilson writes:

 > Ok, I think this means I can continue in the same direction with
 > the viewer code.  It would be just a matter of editing xml to
 > switch from using /position/lat||lon||alt to somewhere else in the
 > property tree, so if folks want to experiment they can.

I don't know if that will be necessary.  As long as we agree that the
lat/lon/alt give a fixed position (somewhere) on the plane, that's
good enough, and it becomes a convention to be agreed upon model by
model.  I agree with Jon that when the manufacturer does specify an
origin, we should use that.

All the best,

David

--