On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:44:23 -0500
  "Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>My take on this is that all we need is a 'fixed' position ie 'Center of
>Geometry' returned by the FDM.  This fixed position can be anywhere
>on the AirFrame and it needs to be described more exactly in the
>individual model's configuration
>file so as the Viewer part of the program can do it's thing

Yeah, I think that's where we're headed. It might work
that we could keep doing things as we (JSBSim) are doing,
with an added step. The initial CG of the aircraft could
be defined to be the refernce point that we both
understand. We would continue to "burn fuel" and drop
stores and launch carried vehicles, etc. and change the
CG. However, when reporting location (lat/lon/alt) we'd
need to report NOT merely the location of the current
aircraft CG, but the location of the current aircraft CG
minus the delta from the original - i.e. the location of
the original CG. (?)

Is that right?

Jon