Alex Perry writes:

 > You should talk to Andy and look at the prop model; the faster you go,
 > the faster the prop can turn.  Fast cruise descents can overspeed.
 > I'm not at home and can't look up the exact numbers, sorry.

In JSBSim, the prop maxes out between 2065 and 2165 RPM at 0 velocity,
but does manage to hit 2400 RPM at Vx.  You can push it over in a
steep dive (as you mention).  You mentioned that a 2700 RPM engine
doesn't max out at Vx; I'm wondering if things are different for the
160HP 2400 RPM C172R that we're modelling.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson