I wrote:
> First, the air pressures returned from the environment system don't
> agree with the standard atmosphere that YASim uses to do its
> calibration

Heh, funny that.  The new environment manager *is* using YASim's
numbers. :)

Nonetheless, I think I found the problem.  In converting the YASim
table to the new format, its values were re-encoded as deltas from sea
level conditions, with sea level pressure defined as 29.92 inches of
mercury.  But in the FGEnvironment constructor, I see the following
initializer:

    pressure_sea_level_inhg(28),

Now, 28 in. Hg is a reasonable sea level pressure.  But it's not the
same one that the table is assuming.  At sea level, it's off by only
about 2 inches.  But at altitude, it's off by a whopping TWO inches! :)

This value can be set from other places, so I'm not 100% sure this is
the problem.  I can't test fgfs right now because my fiancee is laying
out wedding invitations on the good computer.  But it looks pretty
suspicious.  I'd suggest:

-    pressure_sea_level_inhg(28),
+    pressure_sea_level_inhg(29.92),

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA