David Megginson writes:

>Curtis L. Olson writes:
>
> > David, I'm looking for help on this one since it's seems to be very
> > much wrapped up in the property system and environment manager and
> > cloud layers.
> >
> > This problem seems to be very complicated.
>
>Agreed.

> Remember that reset has
>always caused occasional unexplained, hard-to-reproduce crashes.

Not quite true ..

I believe the problems started when developers that didn't 'use the reset
function often' started making changes to the 'basic' program flow.

ie this roughly corresponds to the introduction of the BFI

Hopefully once we get 'reset' working again developers will test 'reset'
before submitting their changes in the future so we don't repeat this
quagmire

regards

Norman