I've been doing really well recently with my A-4 landings, so I wrote
up a putative "Flight Operations Manual" to record the stuff I've
learned:

  http://www.plausible.org/a4-ops/

Obviously, I've never actually trained with the Navy, so lots of this
is guesswork based on data points I've picked up from research and/or
experience with the flight model.  So it's not necessarily something
you'd want to hand to a real pilot, but it should help to get
FlightGear geeks up to speed on this stuff.

If folks like it, it would be nice to put it up on the flightgear.org
site.  A set of operational manuals for all of our core models would
be a really good thing to have.  I need to write up something similar
for the Harrier, which is even harder to land. :)

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA