John Wojnaroski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Check the boolean property "sim/rendering/clouds3d" in the pull-down menu.

Checked that first,  it shows as true.

> If it is false the load failed. Also if you watch the init sequence there
> should be a string of msgs right after the materials/textures load that show
> the clouds loading

Actually it comes in right after initializing the environment subsytem.  I am
seeing no output at all on the log between initializing the enviroment
subsytem and the navaid/fix init that comes after the 3d cloud init (see line
900 in fg_init.cxx).

I know the loader is being called, because the last used date is getting
touched on the large.sky file.  And I know the loader is returning success
because the clouds3d property is remaining "true".

My guess is something is messed up in the large.sky file, or how it is picking
up the cloud files (the index is probably 0 so the cloud loading loop in the
loader isn't being run).  When I get a chance I'll try a gdb session,  but
looking at the large.sky file in cvs I don't see anything that looks like a
value for Numfiles (number of cloudfiles under the CloudFiles tag).  This
might not mean anything as I'm not sure that there even is such a value in
large.sky's structure,  but like I said the program is acting like it is
getting 0 for number of cloud files.

Best,

Jim

> Regards