> > What I meant is to only keep $FG_ROOT/Clouds3D/large.sky and
> > $FG_ROOT/Clouds3D/field56.cld
> >

> Right, thats what I thought you meant. I was talking about the other
> files in that directory. I know that field56.cld is the only file
currently
> referenced in large.sky, but I'd still rather wait a little.

Yes, might be useful down the road to keep the other cloud 'scripts'

Okay, I sent an update of the loader to Curtis which hopefully cleared up
some of the problems with the file names.
The new loader allows you to place the base directory wherever you please as
in:

/my/favorite/place/FlightGear. Now "large.sky" should be at the FlightGear
level and Data can be renamed to whatever.
The suggestion Fred made for Clouds3D seems like an execellent choice
provided the name in "large.sky" is changed to
/Clouds3D/SkyClouds/field56.cld. this should be usable until we get around
to rewriting the loader to remove all file pathname references from the file
itself.

You should be able to run from any location as long as your $fg_root is set
to /my/favorite/place/

Regards
John W.