Jim Wilson writes:

 > If Blender becomes the "tool of choice", as it probably should, for developing
 > FlightGear Models then it makes sense to have those files in the CVS directory
 > with the ac files that are derived from them.  The CVS is a development
 > repository after all.

I'm already concerned about the base-package size.  We need to start
thinking seriously about making most aircraft optional add-ons.  It's
easy for me with a fast cable modem, but I don't want to scare away
regular users.  If the DC-3 (for example) was its own, separately
downloadable package, then I'd have no problem including the Blender
and XCF sources with it.

All the best,

David

--