Jim Wilson wrote:
> Well this probably isn't very impressive.  But here it is.  First view
> from the pilot's seat.  Things are very rough at this point.

Oh, baby.  Someone get some instruments in that thing. :)

One nit that occurs to me: looking at the horizon, it looks like the
view down over the nose is only about 5° or so.  This means that the
runway will be hidden under the nose at a typical approach AoA of 8°.

I think, anyway.  That's the AoA that the YASim model likes to use for
approaches (i.e. solves for), in any case.  If anyone has better
figures on approach AoA or cockpit geometry/visibility, speak up and I
can fix the flight model.

Maybe the viewpoint needs to be moved up a few cm or so?

A few months back someone was looking at trying to integrate the
OpenGC stuff into FlightGear as a panel-like object.  Did anything
come of that?

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA