--- David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The idea was that system.fgfsrc is system-wide, while .fgfsrc is
> per-user.  For Windows, perhaps we should look for fgfs.cfg in My
> Documents or wherever (is there any concept of separate user
> directories yet?).

$USERPROFILE on WinNT shold resolve to the root of the "users" home directory.

$SYSTEMROOT should resolve to the operating system root directory.

Many cross platform apps (X-Plane as an example) use the OS root directory
($SYSTEMROOT) to store stuff.

I don't know if this is good practice (I don't care for it personally), but
nonetheless.

IMHO, it would be nice to see "default" config file names and locations be
names that would work across all platforms and to see that they land in places
on a given OS that have analogies to each other.

Better, IMHO, would be to keep "default" configuration info encapsulated under
the application root somewhere, with command line options for specifying
alternate locations and/or names.

I guess this flies in the face of what applications typically do on a UNIX
machine.

Tony

=====