Luke Scharf writes:

 > I figured that I'd take the pictures myself at whatever resolution makes
 > sense.  It's a good excuse to go flying.  :-)

Can you take pictures straight down?  I guess it would be possible
with a high-winged plane and a ferociously-steep bank.

 > So, assuming that I have a TIFF or a JPEG, where do I go next?

Don't use JPEG -- stick to something lossless.  You'll have to
download TerraGear and dig through the source, looking for
explanatory comments, unless Curt documented it all somewhere.

 > > Perhaps we should rename the Bonanza from the "fork-tailed doctor
 > > killer" to the "fork-tailed geek swatter," or something similar;
 > > after
 >
 > I'm struggling to get the down payment together for a Cessna 150...
 > Flightgear is a lot cheaper!

Good luck.  Why not go for a 140 and do the taildragger thing as well?
The polished aluminum ones look very spiffy.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/