Norman Vine wrote:
This is the poor man's version taken from sg_inlines.h

// normalize a value to lie between min and max
template <class T>
inline void SG_NORMALIZE_RANGE( T &val, const T min, const T max ) {
    T step = max - min;
    while( val >= max )  val -= step;
    while( val < min ) val += step;
};
That's effectively what we have (or had).

A proper version needs to be based on Interval Arithmetic we could just snag a subset of the scalar functions from an existing package http://www.ti3.tu-harburg.de/~knueppel/profil/docu/Profil.texinfo_19.html
Er ... we are not trying to do arithmetic on intervals. We are just incrementing and decrementing a scaler value within an interval.

- Julian