Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..some planes use distinctly different airfoils, leading edge cuffs,
> slots etc, to"wash out".  Some different-airfoil wings transform
> gradually towards the tip, and not neccesarily in a linear fashion,
> some of these can get really weird.

Actually, this is supported already, for those who have the patience
to work with such minutia.  You can chop the wing up into as many
separate "vstab" objects as you like, each with an independant
configuration.

The point of handling washout as a separate concept is that (counter
to my original thought) it turns out to be important for all aircraft
with high aspect wings, not only those with hyper-realist authors. :)

In fact, adding a "tip section" to the cessna wing with a different
incidence value would be an immediately useful way to test washout
effects.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA