On 10 Jan 2003 13:12:27 -0800,
Tony Peden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > ..we _could_ interface with http://felt.sourceforge.net/ .  ;-)
>
>  In real time? I don't think so.  One possibility, though, is to do
>  the analysis offline and generate tip deflection as a function of
>  load factor, however.

..yes, one first step, the offline FEA work is needed to generate
simplified FEA models of the airframes, which can then modify the fdm's.

..for engineering work, options include slowing down time and pouring on
more iron and coal, for gaming, fdm's only need be modified for the bits
shot etc off the airframe, we allready do wing twisting and iceing.

..forensic work might combine some of these 2 approaches, to help
aircrash investigations, tweak airframe design, tweak handling...

..many ways to skin these cats, we could start off like in an airframe
torture jack rig.  Later, networking, with FElt on the heaviest iron,
moving the fattest videocard to the next box down for the OpenGL
chrunching, and move the fdm work to box #3 with traffic etc thru
Internet?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: