Erik Hofman writes:

> Dennis B. D'Annunzio wrote:
> > I thought I successfully compiled and installed SimGear-0.3.1.
> >
> > However, whem making FlightGear-0.9.1 under cygwin (xwindows was
> > removed), I get this message:
>

> > nt/libEnvironment.a -lsgroute -lsgsky -lsgclouds3d -lsgephem -lsgtiming
> > -lsgio -
> > lsgscreen -lsgmath -lsgbucket -lsgdebug -lsgmagvar -lsgmisc -lsgxml
> > -lsgserial
> > -lplibpu -lplibfnt -lplibjs -lplibnet -lplibssg -lplibsg -lplibul -lmk4
> > -lz -lop
> > engl32 -lpthread -lm  -lglut32 -lglu32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lplibsl
> > -lplibsm -lwinm
> > m -lm
> > Warning: resolving _glPopAttrib by linking to _glPopAttrib@0
>
> It looks to me like there isn't any linking of the OpenGL libraries.
> Did you see any warning message while running configure (for FlightGear)?

Hmm...

-lopengl is there in the link line

> -lopengl32 -lpthread -lm  -lglut32 -lglu32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lplibsl
> > -lplibsm -lwinmm -lm

*but* it is in the wrong place
i.e Win32 linkage is quite different then Unix linkage and the order
of the libraries *is* important ie sybols must be resolved *after* they
are used.

so in this case '-lopengl32' must come after '-lglut32' and '-lglu32'

This was working correctly. has configure.ac changed this recently

FWIW
I won't have time to investigate this much deeper for a couple of days

Norman