Jon Stockill wrote:
> And the answer is...
>
> Alan Cox wrote:
> > "Flightgear crashes my box with a Radeon 9000"
> >
> > Seems to be the large textures when I buzz a city. Quite annoying
> > really because its a really neat program. Other stuff like cube
> > works well

Magnificent.  Maybe now someone will look at the issue.  I reported
this a while back, and Keith Whitwell's response was essentially that
FlightGear was too big and complicated to use as a test case.  :(

While of course that's true enough, it wasn't very helpful.  I rather
doubt he'd have said the same thing about RTCW or Unreal.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross        Beyond the Ordinary        Plausibility Productions
Sole Proprietor       Beneath the Infinite       Hillsboro, OR