John Check writes:
> On Wednesday 26 February 2003 4:22 am, Erik Hofman wrote:
> > Michael Selig wrote:
> > > Really good to see (and nice to have in the base package).
> > >
> > > Any chance of getting the HUD to also display the g-load?  I find this
> > > info extremely useful while developing flight models.  For now, I get
> > > this info by using the unix 'watch' command to look at the tail end of
> > > uiuc dump file while flying the sim.
> >
> > I'd like to, but the more I use the HUD configuration file, the more I
> > think it needs a major overhaul. It's just too limited for HUD's like
> > that of the F-16.
>
> Was the HUD ever hooked up to the property system proper?

The HUD was one of the origal bits of code in the FlightGear project.
Originally written in C, then converted to C++, then munged to be
driven by an xml config file.

With no disrespect to all those who have contributed to it over the
years, FlightGear has developed a lot of infrastructure and culture
since the HUD was first written and it could stand to be overhauled.

Regards,