Jon Berndt writes:

 > I can think of a couple of situations where YASim would have advantages -
 > *at*present*:
 >
 > - Calculating any force or moment that is a result of rotational motion
 > while the aircraft is at zero translational velocity.
 >
 > - Clearly, any condition that is not covered by full aerodynamic
 > coefficients.

Note that JSBSim would get all of this for free simply by allowing
coefficients to be (optionally) specified for individual surfaces,
each with its own orientation.  All JSBSim would have to do is sum up
the moments and forces (mostly forces) for the collection of surfaces.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/