David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I am very happy that we are reorganizing the mess under /controls, but
> unfortunately, we've landed in a bit of a deeper mess that will need
> some fixing.  The changes just committed for the base package are
> extremely incomplete: many of the YASim flight models under
> Aircraft-yasim/ and many of the joystick config files have not been
> updated.

It isn't clear to me when an O/S project should consider the interests of
users and "third party" developers (if there is such a thing).  Obviously the
base package should be updated,  but wouldn't it make sense to provide some
sort of backwards compatibility with an alias table or something like that?

> I am willing to help.

So am I.  I'll take the X45 joystick to start (since I have one) and for
aircraft the A-4, 747, and what little there is on the p51d so far.

Best,

Jim