Norman Vine wrote:

You have to let the process run much longer
until things like ssgMakeMipMaps don't show up in the top 100 :-)

The nice thing is that it also contains OpneGL calls.

That is good and bad
the bad part is that it takes time to instrument the profiling and since we can't do anything about speeding up the low level code why do we want it influencing the run time ??

Sometimes you can avoid time consuming OpenGL calls this way.

Does anyone have any ideas for factoring out the
startup/initialization time from these performance reports?

Sure, just let FlightGear run for a minimum of 20 minutes when profiling

This is always a good excuse to use FlightGear ...

Erik