Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How about the center of all (runway) contact points?
> In the case of a normal airplane that would be on the the centerline,
> ground level and exactly between the maingear and the nosegear/tailgear.

It depends on how precise the numbers are that are available for the gear
position. I remember from reading this list that this has been a bit unclear
for certain aircrafts. Also you have to take into account that sometimes the
manufacturer modifies the position of the nose or, in rare cases, even the
main gear - what are you doing in that case ?

I suggest that the reference has somehow to depend on the placement of the
wing because this is the integral part of an airplane (from whatever point
of view you look at it  :-)  and the _only_ one that is unlikely to change
after _very_ early stages of development. This is my personal opinion, but
it is based on closer observations of aircraft design during the last two
decades. Ok, 'nuff said, I'll try not going on your nerves anymore related
to this subject  ;-)

Martin.