Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> The nose simply is a point of less relevance to the aircraft compared to
> things like wing root for example. After modifications to the wing root of a
> (real) airplane you are still able to extrapolate the 'original' reference
> point. This is impossible with the nose in most cases,

Before we get too worked up about this...  It has absolutely nothing to do
with modeling the aircraft.  It is only a reference point for positioning the
3D model in the scene.  All the nose is, sans pitot tubes and other items that
are not centered, is a location easy to identify on almost all aircraft.

The wing position is not important or useful for this particular purpose.

Best,

Jim