On Thursday 10 July 2003 23:50, David Megginson wrote:
> WillyB writes:
>
>  > What is the Best way to approach starting a brand new model?
>  >
>  > I have a 3 view of the AC ..  is it best to start from the front
>  > view and get a general circlesh outline of the fusilage and extrude
>  > back?
>
> More or less.  I usually start with the widest part of the fuselage,
> then extrude in both directions, using the side and top views for
> guidance.
>
> You'll want to make the wings the same way -- start with the side view
> to get their outline at the wing root (the thickest part), then
> extrude outwards.
>

> All the best,
>

> David
>
> --
> David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/

That's pretty much the way I do it too.  If the fuselage has a more complex
shape (front to back - not x-section) and I have some profiles I might make
the fuse in several sections, and then worry about matching them up, or I
might start at the most complex x-section part of the fuselage so I know I've
got enough points.

LeeE