> I am the one that designed the San Francisco buildings ( and San Mateo
> Bridge ).

They look great, very good work.

> I am not aware of development for other cities. I would not design
> the whole earth alone. People are invited to contribute for other
> places.

I have a question about this.
Yesterday i visited the terragear Project website
an read at the following page
(
http://terragear.sourceforge.net/docs/scenery-tutorial/fg-scenery-tutorial.html
) about vmap that sentence:

"This dataset (formerly known as the Digital Chart of the World) contains
non-airport vector data for
all of North America, including landmass (shorelines), lakes, rivers, cities,
towns, roads, railroads,
rivers, landcover, and many other coverages that we are not using yet."

Now my question is, why are you don't using those vmap data?
And if you use those, at what detail do you use them?
At maximum detail: everything the vmap data gives or lower details to save
framerates or internet hosting costs?

I also visited the the FlightGear Scenery Designer Home Page
which is for creating excat sceneries but the terragear website
says:
 "TerraGear generates FlightGear scenery automatically from free,
publicly-available geographical datasets: you do not have to (and are
currently not able to) paint roads, rivers, and so forth by hand."

So my question is when i don't have to create those things by hand because
vmap data is available and accurate enough why do i need that Scenery
Designer to modify the landscape?
(That i need it for buildings too is obvious, that's not what i mean)

Or other question, are the vmap data (especially Areas over Europ) not
accurate enough so that i have to use the Scenery Designer and
edit the landscape by hand?
(like on those screenshots: http://fgsd.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html)

> Good source of information about Sky Scrapers are here :
> http://skyscrapers.com
> http://skyscraperpage.com

Thanks for the link.

> Their would be a problem of hosting those models that don't fit
> in the base package.

So if i edit some sceneries does that mean that they wouldn't be added to the
additional scenery data?
http://www.flightgear.org/Downloads/world-scenery.html

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.